I’ll admit it’s been a while. May does this to people. I simply lose all motivation to blog during May. Is it the heat? Or maybe a mental block? At any rate, with no more school to attend, I risk becoming a caveperson surviving on guttural noises to communicate if I don’t keep my writing up (… there. I’ve already forgotten what my gender’s called. See my point?)
With June having set in, I have no excuses anymore. As extra motivation, it’s begun to rain! It started with a strong—and very cool—breeze, and barely twenty minutes in, I’m on my first draft in a month. The things the weather can do!
I’m out to do something that’s been on my agenda for a long time. I’ve been nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award by the awesome Shreya Madhusudan! She’s absolutely crazy about books, which is always a good thing in my books (see what I did there?), and her blog’s all about them! Catch her over on her blog bookwormtopia.wordpress.com.
I’m tempted to reuse this wonderful piece of footage for my thank you speech.
I also find my nomination a bit ironic, because if anything, I should be nominated for a Dark As Pitch Black Despair award for all everyone has to put up with around me. But I don’t argue with it, I jump straight to the meaty content ahead!
The rules of this award are,
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog.
So, been there, doing that! Here go the questions, and my answers (cracks knuckles, stretches neck muscles, realises that was excessive).
1. If you were stranded on an island, which book would you have with you (clichéd, but couldn’t help)?
Any book by Robert Ludlum would do, I’m not even particular. To write like that guy is a very high ideal for me to achieve as a writer!
2. If you had a time machine/turner, where would you go?
Bwahahahahahahha, karma screws. My answer remains the same, though: I’d go back to the nineties for the alt rock movement in America. Nirvana was long gone by the time I came around.
3. What is your message to a person who thinks books are for ‘boring, nerdy’ people (you’re allowed to be candid and rude)?
Hmmm… one part of me thinks them being cursed for life with shitty movie versions is satisfying enough. Another part of me sees heavy lightning outside my window right now and is getting… bad ideas. Nevermind me.
4. Are you more of a social butterfly or a little bit introverted?
A “little” introverted?? This is a joke!
But seriously, I can talk when I have to… I think.
5. Favourite song on your playlist now.
Well, I’d normally cheat and say I’m listening to anything Muse, and that would be my favourite, but since you’re asking for what I’m listening to right now (and I’m liking it too), it’ll be Nightlife by Green Day.
Please don’t judge me.
(runs away and hides)
6. One dream spot you would like to visit (can be fictional too).
I’d really really like to go to New Zealand. I’d normally have had a conflict between there and Chennai, but I was there last week. And four years ago. Not that I’d mind going again!
7. Your comfort food.
Ice cream! Although, my stomach begs to differ.
8. Favourite ice-cream flavour : D
Butterscotch, any day!
9. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Orange chocolate! (I’m cheating)
10. Your favourite joke.
Am I allowed to say, “My life”? (although, that’s more of an answer for “the biggest joke”…)
And that’s about me!
Now my nominations, who really brighten up my WordPress reads.
- Non-Euclidean Sofa
- The Comic Vault
- Old Time Rock And Roll
Eleven questions from me, let the survey begin! (laughs evilly and then remembers 10 or so yet-unpublished surveys…)
- Which season do you prefer?
- What gets you out of bed every morning?
- (I’m stealing this question) What are you currently listening to?
- What’s a song you always skip but can’t quite see yourself deleting from your playlist?
- Harmonicas or saxophones?
- One random thing about you would be…
- How’d you rather spend a vacation?
- Would you rather have unlimited food (something you like to eat) or unlimited sleep hours?
- Who would you rather invaded the planet?
- Your dream prom dress?
- If tonight was your last night on earth…
Have a nice June!